Friday, May 10, 2019

24 H2H Quilts

Sarah, over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, is running her annual Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge. I decided to take on the challenge again and tackle the huge pile of tops in the "waiting to be quilted" pile. Some of the tops were made by me and some were made by the lovely ladies in my Wednesday quilt group. In January I counted 67 tops! Yikes! 

As much as I would like to support Sarah's chosen charities, last year I spent $140 mailing quilts for H2H. This year I am gifting them to local charities. So far I have 24 quilts quilted, bound and ready to donate.


These 3 quilts went to the Domestic Violence Crisis Center in Stamford, CT


This quilt is going to Camp Hole in the Wall.


These 3 will go to Circle of Care.


These 4 will go to Ann's Place.




These 3 will go to the Newington (CT) Veteran's Hospital


These 4 QOV's will be presented at Christie's Quilting Boutique on May 18th.






8 comments :

Kathleen said...

oh my - what an amazing collection of quilty love ! Fabulous beauties there.

Vicki in MN said...

Fabulous amount of quilts to donate. I totally get the postage thing, it's just to expensive so I too give locally.

Sharon Tucker said...

OK, you are a ROCK STAR!! Wow, so much love being sent out into the world :-) I hear you on the postage/shipping for finished quilts. I'll be sending mine out tomorrow and I'm sure the price is gonna sting. I'll have to research some local charities for next time.

Carol E. said...

Wow! 24! They are all amazing!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Awesome assortment of quilty hugs~! Love all your choices of donation. I agree, postage is a huge problem. Well done.

Bernie Kringel said...

What an amazing stack of quilts to donate. The postage is very expensive and it is great you were able to donate locally. They are fortunate to receive your gifts!!

Sarah Craig said...

Amazing collection of quilts, Melinda! Thank you so much for participating gin H2H this year!!

Susan said...

You did a lot of wonderful quilting for a great variety of places. Kudos for all you did!