Tuesday, March 30, 2021

February Goals

I have completed my quilting goals for February. I realize that it is now mid March but once I had these projects pulled it became my goal to finish them.


Square Play Stashbuster Random UFO Challenge: #4-1

This is Becky Petersen's Square Play found in the Free Pattern section at QuiltedTwins.com. I started this quilt in early 2020 before the pandemic.  It was a great project to use up a huge bin of 2" squares I had. Mask making got in the way for many months but I had it listed as one of my #4s to finish up this year. It needed the last three rows attached (including making all the sashing) as well as the border. I am thrilled have this happy quilt finished. It is 83x97". 






Jungle Rainbow Stashbuster Random UFO Challenge: #4-2

This is a pattern I have made many times. Take a fun juvenile fabric as your focus. Add several coordinating tone on tones and you have a quick, bright child's quilt. This one was started in 2019 and was  a completed top waiting to be quilted.  It is 62x79. This will be a donation.







Maxi skirt conversion Stashbuster Random UFO Challenge Large: #60

This project started out as a Maxi skirt I purchased at Jennifer Paganelli's Sis Boom home sale. It was marked way down and I saw all those squares.  I took off the waist band, opened a side seam, let out the hem and voila! I was able to find the border on Etsy.  It is 58x84".





Half Square Triangles Heartstring Precut Challenge:

Always looking for an opportunity to use some of my thousands of 5" charms from years of swapping, I grabbed the stack of 1930 repros along with white Kono cotton and came up with this simple design. It is 49x65". This will be a donation.



Notice the bottom row. I put it on upside down!! 😕
Didn't notice till fully quilted, bound and pictured.
The bottom row will be removed and it will then be used as a table runner.


Leader Enders February's color was Yellow

RSC 36 Patch: 


RSC Jackie Kunkel's ColorGuard:


10 Pillowcases: Done



1 comment :

KatieQ said...

Finding an alternate use for the maxi skirt was genius. It makes a fabulous quilt. Glad to see you're getting so much done.