I would have to say that there are many reasons:
- Swaps - This by far the number #1 reason. I love participating in block swaps and have a wonderful online group of friends that frequently swaps blocks. I often agree to participate in the swap even though I know I shouldn't because of current projects or the knowledge that these blocks will become part of the UFO pile.
- Excitement - New projects are just more exciting than old ones. And surfing blogs exposes me to way too many new ideas.
- Special Occasions - birthdays, weddings, babies, etc.
- Boredom -Especially when I get to the parts that I find most tedious - borders and quilting.
- Shopping - I used to get sucked into the appeal of kits but I have never made one of those kits. They were convenient but they were never completely me.
Check out other responses HERE.