Sunday, February 3, 2019

January Stats

This has probably been the most productive month in the sewing room for me. The weather has been cold so hunkering down in the quilting dungeon has been great.

As the New Year approached I contemplated the bins of quilt tops I had waiting to be quilted. I knew I had to commit to spending a lot of time at the long arm. I quesstimated that there were 40+. I was less than right. There were 67.

As much as I wanted to attack the quilt tops I also knew that I "needed" to work on UFOs and new projects as well. And primary in the plan was to not add any unnecessary fabric. I made a plan.


  • Quilt those tops - 13 tops quilted, 11 of them bound, 2 of them gifted. 54 to go!






  • Buy no unnecessary fabric - No purchases made
  • Work on UFOs - 68 string blocks made using the leftover strings from last year's donated fabric
  • Use the stash - All backs and bindings were from stash
  • Participate in PreCut Party - Two new charm tops made, 1 charm UFO completed
  • Declutter the Sewing Room - SOME progress made


  • My back has struggled but rotating my activities has helped to keep it functioning. This month my daily goals will be:






  • Mount or quilt a top every day - one day mount, next day quilt
  • Spend 1 hour at sewing machine working on UFO
  • Do fat quarter precut project as L/E if possible.
  • Declutter/cleanup one trouble spot
  • Bind in the evening.
  • No comments :