Saturday, March 30, 2019

Black PreCut Charm Challenge Checkerboard - UFO finish #24

This quilt was started in January when Heartstrings/Stashbusters announced a precut challenge for the year and the shape chosen for January was nickels. Cool, I had tons of them. I chose to work with the brights on black stack.


I just love these fabrics. So cheerful even though they are on black.


I found the perfect back in my stash. Black with bright planets. It's a fleece. I had read that people often don't use a batting when using a fleece backing. So I quilted it without a batting. It's OK but feels extremely thin and I won't do it like this again.


This one is 44x58.

2019 #24 finish of 67 quilt top UFOs.  43 to go!
Finish-A-Long Q1 - #19
https://quiltninwilton.blogspot.com/2019/01/finish-long-2019.html

finishalong logo 125px

2 comments :

KatieQ said...

Great quilt! I like the way the narrow yellow border works with the wider black print.

Ella said...

My fleece backed quilt is one of the most fought over in the house! Love yours! On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!