Sunday, March 24, 2019

Purple PreCut Charm Challenge - UFO Finish #23

This quilt came about in an attempt to use up some of the 9000 five inch charms as well as participate in the PreCut charm challenge going on at Heartstring/Stashbuster Facebook pages.

Having hosted a nickel swap for several years in the early 2000s resulted in my having over 10,000 charms. I have been slowly working on reducing those stacks so this challenge was perfect for me. I pulled out the purple charms, and put together this quilt.


This quilt used around 160 charms and only reduced the size of the purple charms pile by about 25%.  ðŸ˜²  I guess the are more purple charm quilts in the future.


The top was completed in January and then quilted now. It has a pieced back of solid purple and a cute polka dot. I used the polka dot for the binding.



2019 #23 finish of 67 quilt top UFOs.  44 to go!
Finish-A-Long Q1 - #18
https://quiltninwilton.blogspot.com/2019/01/finish-long-2019.html

finishalong logo 125px

No comments :