Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stash Report - Week 27 - 7/3/11

Every time I make some progress in the sewing room I seem to think I need to reward myself by shopping for fabric. This past week I finished the binding on the Yellow Taxi Cab. WooHoo. Four yards for the backing and binding. Great.



Then Friday was the first day of July and I thought, "Christmas in July!" Made me think of all the Christmas presents I need to make. This year I am hoping to be making 15 casserole carriers (as seen Here, Here, and the tutorial Here) and I'm not thrilled with the fabric I have for them so far. What's a girl to do? Luckily my good friend Joyce was happy to accompany me to Joanns so I could acquire some very pretty fabric. Eight yards of pretty fabric.


I started looking at fabric for the linings of the carriers and decided that I had tons of muslin that would work very nicely. (I'll probably change my mind about that and buy some more pretty fabric for the linings the next time I reward myself for finishing a project. LOL)


Stash Report
Used the past week: 4 yards
Used year to date: 59.25 yards 

Added the past week: 8 yards
Added year to date: 90.75 yards

Net used in 2011: -31.50 yards (not good but could be worse)


Head over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing with busting their stash.



5 comments :

oscynquilts said...

Your taxi cab quilt is amazing, it makes me like yellow! Is it your own design? I love it!

Sylvia said...

Love the fabric choices on your finished quilt!

Mary said...

I like the name you chose for your Yellow quilt. My Numbers are about dead even so if I keep trying to stay at least even this year, I'll do good. Half way doen with the year, so we have time to use up some more.

Audrey said...

Melinda, I love your quilts, love your blog, love everything you do!! Now here's my thought - incase you get bored making 15 casserole cozi thingys- insulated pizza box covers (With bias piping, of course)! I have 2 insulated bags but the large pizza boxes are too big to fit in these.What do you think? Audrey

chris said...

Wow, I love that quilt of yours...the colors are striking, and I love that it's on point. Well done.