Monday, July 25, 2011

Design Wall Monday

This week I am working on a fabric high chair/chair restraint for dgd, Paige. I got the pattern from AllFreeSewing.com. It worked up quickly following the very clear instructions they put on YouTube.

Having had 4 boys that are all now 18 thru 31 years old, I don't have any dolls to use as models. We don't even have any stuffed animals left around. So, use your imagination with the squishy pillow I bought for it's pellets.


I will be spending the next 2 days with Paige and will probably be tweaking the pattern a bit. Then I will make a second one to send to them to keep in their car for restaurant use.

3 comments :

Michelle said...

That's a great idea to have one for the car -- restaurant high chairs can be frightening!

Salley said...

Thanks Melinda for the link. Might whip one up for Sweet William once Paige has road tested yours! Love the fabrics.

Gari in AL said...

What a wonderful idea. Where was this when my kids were little. We eat/ate out a lot and I would have loved to have had them more secure in the high chairs. Good job.