Monday, February 10, 2014

Design "wall" Monday

Yesterday I spent a bit of time quilting on the Notre Dame top for ds #4 (he is a current ND junior). I made a stupid, stupid, stupid decision to straight line quilt this on the LA. Stupid, stupid. Back breaking ruler work. I did about two hours yesterday and couldn't return to it today cuz my back was killing me. Stupid, stupid.

On the sewing machine, I've been working on the memorial quilt for my dad. It's just string blocks, using some of his shirts for the final triangles of each block. I had hoped to complete them over the weekend but.......that didn't happen. 37 blocks done, 11 to go. Maybe yet tonight. Probably not.


Sharing at:
   Patchwork Times

3 comments :

Teri said...

Silly decision, but it will be beautiful for sure. Love the shirt quilt too.

Cathy said...

Yep, ruler work is a challenge, for sure. Has to be tackled just a little bit at a time. I love the way this quilt is turning out. It is very bold and graphic. The plaids are there as the memorial, and they fit perfectly into the design. Are you glad you stuck with the blue?

Mary said...

I haven't tried to use a ruler to quilt on my machine. Not sure I want to if it is harder on the back. I like your hourglass blocks there as alternating blocks. The string blocks really show up with the solid blue and black and white strip in there.