Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stash Report

Do they have a skin patch for fabric addiction? I really need one. Maybe a rehab program for fabriholics? One at a spa in Arizona would be nice. I've been good, I haven't purchased any fabric this week but I. Wanted. To!  This is much harder than I thought. This week I've been to online quilt shops, I've been to Etsy, I've been to Ebay. On each one I've drooled and thought of all the things I could do with the fabrics I was seeing. But somehow I was able to close those pages without buying anything. But I'm getting weaker and weaker. It's been 40 days. 141 days to go in the pledged 6 month fabric buying fast over at The Elven Garden.

FabAnon

One week at a time!

Now for the good news - two finishes this week. My way of recording fabric used is to report the fabric used when a top is finished and then to report again when the quilt is completely finished which would then include only the backing and binding.

First finish - the Homespun Bear Paw, size 82x100. Weighs 31.6 oz. = 2 lbs x 4 = 8 yards.
 

Second finish - Charity top for Quilts Beyond Borders, size 45x54. Weighs 8 oz. = 1/2 lb = 2 yards.



Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased year to date: 13 yards


Used this week: 10 yard
Used year to date: 10 3/4 yard


Net:  -2.25 yards   :(

Sharing at:
   Patchwork Times
   Sew Many Ways

6 comments :

DeeDee said...

Your 1 patch block is so bright and cheery and will be loved by whoever receives it. Fun seeing big quilts as that is what I enjoy making. Last year I found that the best way for me to not buy any fabrics is not to open any online shop ads. It actually got easier as the year went on. You can do it.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

They are both beautiful! :)

Kate said...

Beautiful flimsies!

A fabric diet is just as hard as a calorie diet. If you find a skin patch for fabric addiction let us know. LOL!

Schulz Family said...

visiting from sew many ways - I love your fabric count. That is a great way to see if you are using your stash

KatieQ said...

The spa in Arizona sounds like a good idea as long as there were no quilt shops in the area.
I love the homespun quilt. Your points look so precise.

Lisa said...

Great job! I am all for a spa! When I get the urge I go open a tub and look through it for more projects or throw it all over the room!