Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Florida Charms

This quilt top was made from a very interesting, eclectic collection of 6 inch charms. They are from a LQS that no longer exists in Key West, FL. I believe they were gifted to me from someone that visited there but, to be honest, I don't remember.

I'd been hanging on to these charms with the hope that I'd figure out what to do with them but finally decided to do just a charm quilt top and be done with them. I was prompted to work on them when I read about a group that is collecting quilts for the victims of Hurricane Michael on the Florida panhandle. Who better to enjoy these fabrics than Floridians?

Florida Charms


I was lucky to find a backing in my stash that I think works and the striped binding works beautifully.


Another comfort quilt finished and will be sent off this week.

This was not a UFO so does not count in my 2019 Finish a Long nor in the count down from my 67 quilts as of 1/1/19.

No comments :