Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Birthdays and Finishes

I'm a little behind on the posting of my completed quilts. Last week we celebrated the birthdays of these great guys. Graham turned 3 on the 19th, Joe turned 66 on the 20th and Grampi turned 93 on the 21st!! 


We had a lovely lunch together and were so glad that Grampi was able to join us!



I've been trying to keep up with the quilting of the quilt tops but have been slow to get the sewing machine with the walking foot set back up after the weekend of lots of visitors. I've been keeping my work horse Bernina set up on the dining room table to do all the bindings. The rest of the sewing has been happening in my sewing room in the basement.

Today, I finally dragged the Bernina back out and got the binding stitched down on the pink and purple tumbler quilt. 


It's absolutely beautiful - bright colors, fantastic fabrics.


I was lucky to have enough of the purple dot in stash to use on the back and the green floral for the binding. I used Fairfield Toasty Cotton batting and did a machine stitched serpentine binding.


Another comfort quilt finished. It is 52x73.

2019 #17 finish of 67 quilt top UFOs.  50 to go!
Finish-A-Long Q1 - #12
https://quiltninwilton.blogspot.com/2019/01/finish-long-2019.html

finishalong logo 125px



1 comment :

Julie said...

This is so adorable. I love that the back and binding tie into the front. Congratulations on your finish on behalf of the 2019 FAL team.