I got the idea for this quilt design from Mollie (Mary) Johnson at Making Scrap Quilts. I used smaller nine patches but the idea is the same.
Today I put Dad's memorial quilt on the frame. I used several of his flannel shirts as the focus of each blocks. The blocks are string pieced on muslin foundations. I like how the off white and black strips appear to frame those fabrics. I used minky for the backing and a thin poly batting. This sucker is thick and the seam intersections are resistant to the needle. So I'm doing a large overall meander that would go as quickly as possible as well as allow me to avoid those thick intersections. One more pass to go and it will be done.
I would like to give the memorial quilt to Mom on Mother's Day. And Patrick is coming home from ND for a week on the 10th. So this week my focus will be getting both of these bound and labeled. Woohoo!
- Notre Dame quilt top - bind
- Dad's memorial quilt - quilt and bind
- Quilt Beyond Borders - 2 tops quilted
- Rainbow Scrap Challenge - two green bags
- Green charity quilt - Christian Camp Quilt - piece
- Winter Solstice BOM - block #5
- Pillowcase for Paige - ABCs
- Sundress for Paige
- 3 postage stamp blocks - pieced
- Jennifer Paganelli UFO - pieced
- Film at Five UFO top - quilted and bound
Sharing at Patchworktimes.com
A Lovely year of Finishes