Friday, May 9, 2014

RSC charity top

I've been making a charity quilt each month in the RSC color of the month. This month is green and I had some blocks started from the RSC 2012. Started but never finished so I was very happy that green has again become a color of the month.

Here it is yesterday before borders.


And then today after the borders were added.


I apologize for the lousy photos but it's been raining for three days.

I want to get it on the longarm this week as it will be going to a Christian camp to help keep the guests warm, maybe while sitting around a fire on especially cold evenings.

A finish. Always feels good.

Now to work on two green toiletry bags.

Linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
                       Crazy Mom Quilts
                       So Scrappy

9 comments :

ozzypip said...

its always great to finish off something that has been hanging around for a while. my finish this week was our spare bedroom curtains. no where near as much fun as finishing off a quilt but still great to get them done

Teri said...

Love your scrappy color selection. Great job on a finish

Marly said...

What a terrific layout for your green 4-patches. I love it.

scraphappy said...

A finish does feel good. Especially one going to a good purpose. Congratulations on your finish.

Sheila said...

LOVE the greens. It feels sooooo good to finish up a UFO : )

Cathy said...

What an awesome charity quilt. I managed to make quite a few charity quilts last year using only scraps from color of the month. It was fun.

Nell's Quilts said...

Well done! It always feels so good to complete another project. Nice finish.

make.share.give said...

Very nice! I love simple patterns where the colors get to shine. We've had a rainy weekend too.

KatieQ said...

I like the fabric you chose for the corner stones and border. Four patches are my favorite. They look great no matter how you use them.