Thursday, January 10, 2019

2019 Finish #4 and Charm top

Finish #4 is Nana's Garden, it was a Quilt in a Day block. This was a block swap from 2003. This top was assembled soon after that but sat in the "too be quilted" pile waiting for the time needed to quilt feathers in each neutral space.  Never happened and now I wanted it quickly quilted and done. So it is. This was 68x84.
Nana's Garden
This quilt I'm calling Charmed Checkerboard. In an attempt  to use some of my estimated 9000 5" charms I've joined the Precut Party over at Stashbusters/Heartstring. I did the quilt top as a Leader/Ender. Only used 44 charms. 8966 to go.  Still needs to be quilted.

PreCut Party

I have found a wonderful cause to send bed sized quilts to: The Carolina Quilt Project. I will be focusing on quilting bed sized tops from the remaining 63 tops in the pile.


2 comments :

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on completing Nana's Garden! Funny how the plan for a quilt can change over the years. Your Charmed Checkerboard top is going to be a fun quilt, SEW... Happy Quilting!!!

Jenny said...

Did you say 63? My goodness! I love your Nanas Garden quilt, it looks so pretty and femine. And your checked quilt is a wonderful example of how successful it is sewing leaders and enders.