Wednesday, January 9, 2019

2019 Finishes #2 and #3

On January 1st I guesstimated that I had 40+ quilt tops waiting to be quilted. The next day I took a quick count of those that were "where the were supposed to be while waiting to be quilted". The count was now at 55. Then two days later I had found 12 more in closets and totes. So, currently, the number is at 67.

As so many people do at the beginning of the year I decided to set some basic quilting goals for the year.
  1. Quilt these tops
  2. Buy no unnecessary fabric
  3. Work on UFOs
  4. Use the stash
  5. Participate in PreCut Party
  6. Declutter the Sewing Room
With those goals in mind I have made a list of daily tasks to aim to accomplish. Having several different tasks each day helps to keep my back healthier. It won't happen everyday but here's to hoping it happens a lot.
  1. Mount or quilt a top every day - one day mount, next day quilt
  2. Spend 1 hour at sewing machine working on UFO
  3. Do precut project as L/E
  4. Declutter/cleanup one trouble spot
  5. Bind 

So far the goals have helped me stay focused and on the tasks that I want. I have now completed two more tops. Finish #2 is from a block swap in 2003 (I think). We called it Chicken Feed but I can't find any blocks online with that name. The top was probably pieced maybe 10 years ago. Now it is done.

Chicken Feed 2002

Finish #3 is a Triple Four Patch, also a block swap. This was from 2005. The top was probably pieced around 5 years ago and now it's finished.
Triple Four Patch 2005

The current count of flimsies is now 64!!

No comments :