Friday, January 18, 2019

Seahorse Strippie - UFO #7

Edit: This has been gifted to Harleigh.

Fellow Quilters with Heart friend, Elaine, wrote me this week and told me her daughter worked with a woman whose toddler daughter was very ill and in and out of the hospital. Did we have a quilt that we could give this little girl. Well, we don't have one that would be appropriate but we certainly have the huge pile of flimsies and I knew we had one that would be perfect.

The quilt top I chose was made using an adorable, bright seahorse fabric that I didn't want to cut too small. Perfect for Mary Johnson's Quick Strippie pattern. I cut out the fabrics, Elaine pieced it (sometime mid 2018), then I quilted it and bound it yesterday. Elaine's daughter will pick it up next week.

Seahorse Strippie

Sometimes having a huge stack of quilt tops at the ready is a good thing.


2019 #7 finish of 67 quilt top UFOs.  60 to go!
Finish-A-Long Q1 - #2
https://quiltninwilton.blogspot.com/2019/01/finish-long-2019.html
finishalong logo 125px

No comments :