Thursday, January 17, 2019

Juvenile Eye Spy - #6 UFO finish for the year


This is a fun, cheery quilt that I quilted up this week. It's a very long twin - 70x98. I'm not sure who in the group made it but I'm pretty sure it was a while ago. The blocks were made in that manner where you stack several squares, make a random cut, move the top fabric to the bottom of the stack and then sew. I can't remember the name of the method.



I found a perfect stripe in my stash to use for the binding. And I have finally given in to machine stitched bindings. With 67 tops to be done there just had to be a faster way. I'm stitching the binding to the front, fold to the back and the serpentine stitch from the front. So easy.


2019 #6 finish of 67 quilt top UFOs.  61 to go!
Finish-A-Long Q1 - #1
https://quiltninwilton.blogspot.com/2019/01/finish-long-2019.html

finishalong logo 200px

1 comment :

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

Congratulations on your finish! I love a colorful I Spy quilt... as well as a striped binding. :-) Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.