I cut out a bazillion 3 1/2" squares from scraps using the GO Baby. I'm going to have to try some different techniques to get better accuracy but these were OK for this project. I then sewed them into four patches as I am making another one of these quilts, but in yellow:
Once I had all the four patches made I had to make a decision on the sashing. I'm using a black and white checkerboard this time instead of the stripe but I couldn't decide between cutting the sashings straight:
or on the bias:
For better or worse, I decided on the bias. I slowly and carefully cut out sashings, meticulously following the diagonal pattern. Hopefully in the next week I'll get the main portion of the quilt top completed.
To see other Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects go to SoScrappy.