Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

The New Year always seems to be a time of reflection on the past year and then goals, if not resolutions, for the next year. I have been blessed with much in my life and am especially grateful for my loving family. My wonderful husband is very supportive of my passion for my hobbies, most especially quilting and digital scrapbooking.

Looking Back:
This past year I have very fond memories of good times with my quilting friends, both here in Wilton and on retreats. I certainly wish I had completed more projects and taken more pictures of the projects that were completed. I do have a few pics:




This quilt was made for nephew, Matt, for his 30th birthday. He had asked me to make him a new quilt because the one I made him in his teen years had worn out. Now that's a boy I'll make quilts for anytime.



This Citrus Smoothie quilt was made for niece, Amy, for her 16th birthday.

















 In anticipation of the wonderful arrival of our first grandchild, Paige, lots of burp cloths,
receiving blankets, tag blankets and, of course, a quilt were made - none of which I took pics of.












I also spent an enormous amount of time this fall making a digital scrapbook of our
fabulous trip to Seattle and Alaska. It was a memorable time with my parents that we'll never forget. There are a gazillion years of back pictures to be scraped so I am trying very hard to keep up now. However, the arrival of Paige will certainly challenge that - I'll bet there are already 100 pics that I need to scrap.







Looking Forward:
  • Spend as much time as possible with family
  • Live each day to the fullest
  • Work harder on a healthier, happier lifestyle
  • Quilt, scrap and read more

2011 is going to be a wonderful year!

2 comments :

Kathy said...

Beautiful quilts Melinda and a great one of Paige where I can really see her. I think one thing we all need to do in 2011 is take time to smell the flowers.
Happy New Year
Kathy

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Wish I had been able to meet up with you while you were in Seattle. I'm only 20 minutes away! I'll be reading more of your accomplishments this year, and you can feel free to visit my page anytime.