Monday, March 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 3/14/11

It's time for me to be thinking about UFO #1. I thought I was on easy street when Judy L picked #1 for this month because that project, Christmas Pineapple Blossom, is a finished top.

Just need to pop it on the LA, get it quilted and then bound. Unfortunately, Olga the LA, is very sickly right now and won't be back from the hospital in Iowa till mid Aprilish. So I swapped around some UFOs and now have a project that is in the top assembly stage. So my Crayon Box is now on my design floor. These are just slapped down. The final placements need more work plus it is a total of 50 blocks so I am thinking 6x8 placement for around 60"x80".
The question I need help with is what color to sash it with. I'm kind of liking the gray carpet. Any suggestions?

Go to Judy's blog for lots more design wall/floor eye candy.

11 comments :

Judy D in AZ said...

The gray does look nice. It definitely needs a dark or medium dark sashing.

I am interested in doing a pineapple blossom quilt. They jsut fascinate me and I'm really getting interested in doing scrappy work. Did you randomly select strips? It looks well balanced.

Cathy said...

I'm liking the grey, as well, maybe with white cornerstone.

Katie Z. said...

I like the grey as well.

carol fun said...

Love those blocks and while I'm not a fan of grey it certainly makes these colors pop! happy stitching!

Chris said...

Your UFO on top is just stunning.

Kathy said...

boy you sure have been busy without me-lol. I am not a gray fan usually but I like the way the carpet looks so I also vote for gray.

You put me to shame making dreses for Paige-does this mean I should make some for Katerina???

Deanna said...

The pineapple quilt is stunning! It will be worth the wait to see the finish.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Love the pineapple quilt! The grey looks good but any medium/darkish 'neutral' will work I think.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Love the blocks! Can't wait to see what you do with them. I like the grey sashing!

Marti said...

I still love your Christmas pineapple. It is gorgeous. I'd go with dark blue rather than gray for your bright blocks to give them some cohesiveness. Thanks for commenting on my blog too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love this project...how about a black and white fabric??