Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 3/28/11

Better late than never? This was on my design wall two weeks ago.
I have made no progress on it or any other project for that matter. But it is my UFO Challenge project for March and I really was hoping to have it completed to the top stage by now. In the comments two weeks ago most people liked the gray but some had other suggestions. So I played with them on Photoshop. Doing it this way saved me from ordering Kona Cotton in colors I don't have and it saved my knees from crawling around on the floor. I came up with the following options.
Black
Navy
Blue
Dark Gray



Carpet Gray
So, what'cha think? Any favorites? I am hoping to finally have time to work on this. I only have a few days till the end of the month to finish this in time for the UFO Challenge.

Check out other design walls at Patchwork Times.

10 comments :

Judy D in AZ said...

I like the black first and the blue second. I think the other colors take away from the color in the blocks. Good luck with it, I like the blocks-interesting geometric appearance.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

You know what? I like it better with the carpet gray. I thought it would look good with a darker sashing but I like it lighter. Great quilt!!

Shellie said...

I'd say black if you want the blocks to "pop" or the carpet gray if you want to keep it soft tones as the gray mellows the brighter colors.

Karen said...

I like the black or a dark gray. It makes the blocks stand out more.

Kathy said...

Good thing you bought that black kona cotton isn't it??? You must have known you would need it-lol. I agree with Shellie-black if you want the blocks to pop and the soft gray if you want a softer look-does this have a home yet?? If not go with the black.

Mary said...

I like the blue, it's not as stark and the blocks still stand out.

Melinda said...

I like the black best, then the gray

AmyCT said...

Haha.. you will probably get 10 different answers... I like the dark blue and the dark gray. Can you get photoshop to do the actual quilting too???

Gari in AL said...

Well, I really hope you decided and have the top done by now but if not my vote would be for the carpet gray. I like the softness of the blocks with it best.

Elaine Critelli said...

I really like the navy. You have created a monster by teaching me how to send a comment. LOL Hope this week is looking better for you and yours.