Monday, March 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 3/7/11

This weekend my ds #2 (29 yo) "totaled* his girl friend's car. They are both OK, some stitches, very sore but mostly grateful to be alive. Neither air bag deployed which puts into question the honesty of used car sales. Was this car in a previous accident and the airbags never replaced? I wonder if they will be able to track down the truth. I wonder if any of you can guess how he totaled the car? I will send a large stack of my remaining green nickels to the first person to guess correctly. If you choose to guess, be sure I can reach you.
Update: For those interested, you can read HERE about how Brian totaled the car .

I have several things in the works right now. But on my design floor (<g>) is the project for the green scrappy challenge. The blocks are now surrounded by white. I will next use the solid green for the sashing. I yet need to decide on a border.
I also have the brown tote ready to assemble. I had to borrow a walking foot from my friend while mine is off at Bernina, hopefully, getting repaired.
I also now am working on my crayon box quilt as my UFO #1. I have more than enough blocks made but need to come up with a layout and assemble the top. I haven't decided if it will have borders or not.

9 comments :

Chris said...

I am glad they are all ok. It is scary to have a total accident like that. My middle daughter has totaled THREE cars.

Becca Quilts said...

Glad to hear they'll be okay. Car accidents are never fun. Was he texting? Can you run a carfax report using the VIN? (carfax.com) It should show if there was a prior accident as well as prior owners. Using that info you should be able to track down any repair history following a prior accident. Have a great week!

Mary said...

I was going to say Texting too or being distracted my the girlfriend, maybe kissing her. When they did the appraisal they could check for airbags, I think. Glad no one was hurt. Too bad for insurance rates now.

Shellie said...

Glad that they are ok! It's scary that the airbags didn't deploy. We always drive used cars and I never considered that as a possibility.

My guess is that he was on the phone. Or like Mary said, distracted by/ kissing his girlfriend.

Love the green scrappy quilt.

Barb in Mi said...

Love your green scrappy challenge!
Don't want to guess, just glad everybody is ok - and hopefully it will never happen again.

Kathy said...

Oh boy- I bet this felt like a "wait till your father gets home" kind of day.Too bad Chris doesn't live home anymore.
I love the green quilt-any thoughts as to who will get that one??? I have to find the link to the quilt I just cut out using the charm patches made into 9 Patches.It is so cool.
Glad he is ok,bet his girlfriend won't let him drive for awhile.

Quilter Kathy said...

If he lives anywhere near me, he would have slide on ice and crashed into a tree!
Your green project is really moving along fast!

swooze said...

Glad they are ok!

Distrascted by a big sale sign at the quilt store?? I was gonna say texting but that was already taken.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I was thinking texting or on the phone, too. Glad they are OK!!!

Great quilt blocks!